Monday, February 20, 2012

White IPA


The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: White IPA
  • Brewery: Saranac Breweries (New York)
  • Style: White IPA
  • ABV: 6%
  • IBU: ? 
  • Pour Color: A cloudy golden color. 



      The head of this beer was thick and kinda creamy. The smell of this one is complex. You smell the hops of a I.P.A clearly. On top of that you have the scent of orange that you would expect of a white ale. As it splashed upon my follicles, I felt, I was in a liquid orange peel. You have a bitterness and a citrus flavor all melding. Think of a hoppy orange slice that you also bite the peel of. This one is an original and interesting beer. At least for a majorly distributed brewery.
      Saranac was the first beer that I could find that did a mix of flavors. They call it a trail mix. I used to take the black forest lager outta one six pack and swap it with the IPA from another. This is not their IPA though. Although good it's originality out weighs it's actual quality. This one really is a nice mix of refreshment and bitterness.


Rating: ****1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment