Monday, February 27, 2012

Ruination IPA


The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Ruination
  • Brewery: Stone Brewery (California)
  • Style: Imperial IPA
  • ABV: 7.7%
  • IBU:100+ (their websites measurement)
  • Pour Color: a light amber, hardly any light gets through
    
      
      A clear citrus nearly floral scent comes off this one. The head dissipated quickly as the Face brought it up to me. As the first splash comes up I realize cascade hops are about to soak me. Sure enough that citrus flavor surrounds me and leaves me wanting more. That fruity bitterness of the bastard is tasted in this one too. A great IPA and a full flavored beer. Definitely another treat for any mustache from stone. Thanks Face, you rule!
     Stone has yet to disappoint me in a beer. Ruination is a hell of a IPA. Slightly like Dogfish head IPA's but all it's own at the same time. Much easier to drink then the dogfish 90 min or 120 and slightly lower in alcohol. This one for being a imperial IPA drinks much more like a IPA. Don't let that fool you though! Even a mustache has to be careful when dealing with Ruination.




Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment