Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sly Fox 113

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Route 113
  • Brewery: Sly Fox (Pennsylvania)
  • Style: I.P.A.
  • ABV: 7%
  • IBU: 113
  • Pour Color: A Golden transparent color.
 


       Another can... Of craft goodness! Look this sly fox 113 is an another amazing IPA. The head disappeared quick. Splashing on to me I realize this one is a much bitterer beer then most. The hops send you on a interesting ride. In your mouth you taste one combination and on the swallow it's very different. In the mouth the hop is the star and as you swallow the malt tries to take position. It really fails miserably as you notice the hoppy goodness lingering much longer. This one makes me realize I'm a lucky mustache to get to drink such great craft beer.
      The first Sly Fox I had was their raspberry reserve. The wife wanted a fruit beer, and I saw that huge cork, and got excited to buy a couple of expensive specialties. That reserve was delicious and very raspberry. This however this is not a fruit beer. 113 is a higher bitterness then Hop Stoopid with nearly the strength. This one however is not a task to drink. It's a privilege. If you have this in your local gas station then you are a lucky son of a gun. Go grab this one that's what I would do!


Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment