Friday, February 17, 2012

Hop Stoopid

even the picture got stoopid
The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Hop Stoopid
  • Brewery:Lagunitas brewing company (California)
  • Style: Imperial IPA
  • ABV: 8%
  • IBU:102
  • Pour Color: A transparent golden color



      I saw the bottle for Hop Stoopid and went, great Face is gonna try and make me drink malt liquor. I was wrong! This is just a pool of hops. Upon pour you smell the pine scented hops. As it splashes up I'm deep in a see of bitter brew. It's frightening how bitter this is while being fairly easy to drink. The hops give this one a nice pine taste. Ohhh and this one echos that bold flavor long after the swallow is gone too. Another hop chewing section with this one but who can complain?
      I see more and more high ABV wine coolers in the local store then ever. Those nasty drinks that have a 8% label but taste like crap. This is one of the easiest drinking Imperial IPAs I have had. With real flavor and a high ABV it's a good thing I could only get a 22oz bottle. This one you could get into trouble with real quick. After half the bottle i'm glad this wax is holding me up.
Rating: ****1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment