Monday, February 27, 2012

Noble Rot

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Noble Rot
  • Brewery: Dogfish Head Brewing (Delaware)
  • Style: ???... Saison?
  • ABV: 9%
  • IBU: 18
  • Pour Color: A nice golden color, Almost a white sparkling wine look to it
      

      This one has a nice smell of fruit and a nice frothy head. Seemed extremely fizzy on the pour too. Face lifts it to me and... What the hell? I ordered a beer Face! This this is something completely different. This one drinks like a nice easy going wine. The grape taste is there, and having been soaked in a few wines, I can tell you this beer has that nice wine taste. The malts must be what makes the wine not have the after taste on the follicles you get from some wines. I really think this strange brew is comparable to some semi-sweet whites. 
      My local place, Custom Brewcrafters, makes a beer from 3 brothers brewery Riesling grapes that has a sort of flavor like this one. There's though is only a light beer so that the Riesling shines. This beer really is an amazing beer. I have tasted nothing like it and it really makes me re-evaluate wine in general. On top of that call it Noble Rot... Just amazing.





Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment