Sunday, March 4, 2012

UBU

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Ubu Ale
  • Style: English Strong Ale
  • ABV: 7.0%
  • IBU: 30
  • Pour Color: A red see through pour



      The Ubu ale poured much darker then I expected. The head was no where near worthy of me and I chopped it down easily. A sip or two it was gone. There really wasn't a scent off the top of the beer. As it crept up to soak me i didn't know what to expect. The first taste was bitter from the hops but malty at the same time. As a English strong ale it has that earthy taste that you expect from the English. More a cross between a scotch ale and a red ale in flavor. It also had almost a sour taste that didn't seem to come from expiration. Not one I would go for again. This one the Face can keep.
        Lake Placid is another one of the beers made locally. Actually the same place that does Saranac does lake placid the way I understand it. This is the beer I see most of theirs on shelf and seems to represent them. I personally think there's a lot of English strong ales that are balanced and delicious. This one just wasn't one of em as far as my hairs could tell.



 Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment