Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Saranac IPA

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Saranac IPA
  • Brewery: Saranac (New York)
  • Style:IPA
  • ABV: 5.8%
  • IBU: ?
  • Pour Color: A clear dark golden color




      The Face poured this one and it looked real nice. The head was fluffy and stood it's ground for a good few sips. I even got the face to wait a few minutes before he stuck me in. You could smell the hops off the top the glass. It had a nice citrus or almost pine scent. The taste was a nice bitter hop. The malts gave a sweet tinge that made it pretty easy drinking. Really a good IPA in a sea of them.
       This was one of the first IPA's that I had starting out into craft beer. I used to switch the black forest lager in my six pack, with the six pack behind mine, just to get a extra in the trail mix. Bathing in this one, off tap, is reminding me why I fell in love with IPAs. May not kick you in the head like a Dogfish, but a real nice balanced flavor.


  

Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment