Thursday, March 15, 2012

ImPaled Ale

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: ImPaled Ale
  • Brewery: Middle Ages
  • Style: IPA
  • ABV: 6.5%
  • IBU:
  • Pour Color: A golden color with little transparency


      The pour came out looking quite good to this mustache. A nice almost golden color that was quite murky. It had a nice head too. It held up for quit a while actually. Not used to that in most my reviewed beers. As the glass came up I got excited and all hoped up on the first splash. The first after taste threw me off as it was a mint or wintergreen type flavor. That quickly disappeared after a few more sips. Overall though this is a great IPA. A hop heads dream in a glass, even if the first taste threw the follicles.
      Middle Ages is in Syracuse brewery and pretty close to me. Their Wailing Wench was my first experience with their beer. A great beer in itself, Impaled is in that same vein. An IPA that gives you a real kick of the hops you expect, but a goo malt flavor too. I hope to visit their brewery soon.



Rate: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment