Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Oatmeal Stout

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Oatmeal Stout
  • Brewery: Wolaver's (Vermont)
  • Style: Stout
  • ABV: 5.9%
  • IBU:40
  • Pour Color: Pour is black and lets little light through




      The beer pours black like a good stout should. The head was fluffy but didn't last long. As Face brought it up to me I could smell the roasted malts and a coffee scent. On the sip you realize how full bodied the oats make this one. A nice almost gritty feeling in the mouth. chocolate and coffee make up most the flavor on sip. Although the smoke of the roasted malts is hard to ignore. This one is a really good stout that most mustache's can appreciate.
      This one is more of a coffee beer then the Alta Gracia. A delicious dark beer that really isn't that hard to drink. Some darker beers have to thick a body. This one though is really nice and creamy not just thick. Really the best beer out of this sampler and a great beer that I would go back to again and again.

  

Rating: ****1/2

2 comments:

  1. Loves me some oatmeal stouts. I am stout fan in general. Dont worry, I havent forgotten about sending you a sample of my Milk Stout. As soon as you send me that address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see I enjoyed this one greatly. I also would love that sample!

      Delete