Saturday, March 10, 2012

Irish Red Lager

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Irish Red Lager
  • Brewery: Dundee (New York)
  • Style: Red Lager
  • ABV: 5.5%
  • IBU: 25
  • Pour Color: A see through red



       The Face pours it and I know it's red ale time. It's brought up to me with a nice foamy head, and all I smell are those malts emanating. A slightly sweet flavor at the start of your sip and ends with the strong malt flavor. This one really is a pretty cut and dry red that offers little to get excited about. Extremely easy drinking and smooth but not much else. 
      Dundee is actually a Genesee Brewing product. I know not really a microbrewery but as I have said finding Irish seasonal is difficult. Dundee though at least gets in the spirit with this one. A red lager that really is just that. No extra hop flavor, or a dry finish, this one is just sweet malt. I would go for any of the other reds I've rated long before this one unfortunately. 


Rate: **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment