Tuesday, March 6, 2012

St. Patrick's Irish Ale

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: St. Patrick's Irish Ale
  • Brewery: Custom Brewcrafters (New York)
  • Style:Red Ale
  • ABV: 4.9%
  • IBU:?
  • Pour Color: A red very clear beer



      This one poured with very little head. Once it was lifted to me it had all but vanished. As usual the Face took a smell of the beer before a sip, I got a whiff too. Malts are all I smelled off of this one. On taste, it's real easy to tell this is a red ale. Very slight taste of almost a smoke too. It also has a bitterness that wasn't there for Conway's or Celtic. Not as sweet as the Conway's either. The malts in this one dance much cleaner on the tongue then the Celtic though. This is another red ale that I could see drinking more then just once a year.
      I been trying to do more Irish style beers due to the season. This is actually pretty hard too do. Only certain American breweries have an offering of this type this time of year. Custom Brewcrafters happened to be one. Really a good beer for the holiday. I really have a hard time deciding if I'd be happier, with the Face, ordering a Conway's or this one.
     


 Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment