Friday, April 27, 2012

Southern Tier IPA

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: IPA
  • Brewery: Southern Tier Brewing (New York)
  • Style: IPA
  • ABV: 7.3%
  • IBU: 65 maybe?
  • Pour Color: A copper color on the pour. Not quite gold and light traveled through.




      The Face opened it and poured it. The head was ready to contend right away. Being freshly waxed I was up to the challenge. Golden and fluffy headed I dove in smelling sweet malts and pine hops. As it soaked me I could taste grapefruit, pine, and grass. Bitter but with a real strong slightly sweet malt taste. Well ballenced and actually quite good. I would have this one again anytime. 
      A hop head would enjoy this one a lot. A nice blend of a lot of flavors in those hops. The sweet malts help yank it out of total bitterness. Which I actually could have went for. Although not everything I want in my IPA, it's still a great IPA.




Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment