Friday, May 31, 2013

Stranger

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Stranger
  • Brewery: Left Hand Brewing Company (Colorado)
  • Style: American Pale Ale
  • ABV: 5%
  • IBU: 36
  • Pour Color: An amber golden color that lets light thru




      A gold colored amber that can be seen thru easy in the glass. The head wasn't much and didn't hang around to long. The scent off the top is citrus and piney. Not really much of a malt character to the bouquet. The hops give you a mix of granny smith apple, lime, and lemon. You also get a nice spiciness. Alot of stuff going on and a pretty good pale ale.
      I enjoyed what this beer had to offer. A mustache swim in something this complex is always fun. Unfortunately I think they go a little too light on all of these flavors. A pale, to me, should drink this easy and leave such mellow notes on the finish. This being my first Left Hand product I was excited but really didn't find it to be that special.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment