Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ghandi-Bot

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Ghandi-Bot
  • Brewery: New England Brewing Company (Connecticut)
  • Style: Double India Pale Ale
  • ABV: 8.8%
  • IBU: 85
  • Pour Color: A mix between gold and amber but see thru




      This one poured with a nice fluffy head. It fought well but was bested quickly by my follicles. It had a lacing on the top and sides for the rest of the glass. The amber color was slightly hazy but mostly see thru. The scent off the top of the glass was a spicy, floral, grassy verity of hops with a sweet malt backing. The taste was mostly those same hops. The floral seems to take center stage and the alcohol being 8.8% is really pretty easy drinking to me. The malts lend a slight sweet backing but no real flavor to compete with the hops. All and all a really really good DIPA!
      This is one of the ones I've heard stories about and it really didn't disappoint. A hop heads dream in a Double IPA and the ABV is pretty palatable.  The flowery taste though is super fresh and smells super good out the can and in a glass. I would find it real hard to decide between this and Deviant Dales if I saw em on a shelf and that's saying a lot for a DIPA in my book! Then again I've been looking for this one for months. Deviant Dales I been drinking all that time. Availability will always effect what you drink and Gandhi-Bot is sometimes hard to find!


Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment