Tuesday, May 28, 2013

VooDoo Dounut Chocolate,Peanut Butter, And Banana Ale (2013)

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Voodoo 2013
  • Brewery: Rogue Brewing Company (Oregon)
  • Style: Fruit/Nutbrown
  • ABV: 5.3
  • IBU: 25
  • Pour Color: A brown that lets a little light thru. 




     The pour came out good. People say the head has no retention and no lacing. That wasn't the case for me. It held it's own and was still round half the glass! The scent off the top is mostly that chocolate banana mix that you would expect. I found more of a peanut not a peanut butter aroma too. The color was a dark brown and makes me think of a nut brown instead of a fruit beer. The taste though was strong. You get the mix of peanut and banana when it's in your mouth. You swallow and get that nice chocolate echo that mixes well with the peanut flavor. I think this beer has what's advertised and delivers it pretty cleanly. NOT BAD AT ALL!
      People seem to be complaining about this ones extract flavors. I don't find the flavors to be that low of quality. Yeah they could of mellowed the banana flavor like a dream weaver but is that the profile of a doughnut? NO! I think as a dedication to a doughnut, and a novelty beer, they knocked it out of the park! It's over the top, it's wild and crazy, and it comes in single large bottles to enjoy with friends! This isn't a session beer, it's a special experience and I enjoyed dipping every follicle in it! My one complaint is that I think it could have been creamier. Still an amazing beer with an amazing flavor profile!
Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment