Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dirty Bastard Ale

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Dirty Bastard
  • Brewery: Founders Brewing Company (Michigan)
  • Style: Scotch Ale
  • ABV: 8.5%
  • IBU: 50
  • Pour Color: A brown color on pour that turns a nice red in the light. Can't see through it though.




      This caramel color in the glass is just amazing. A glowing red color as light fights to pass through this darker ale. The head really was just a island and around the edge of the glass. The scent off the top is a sweet caramel malt scent. Slight hint of fuityness to the bouquet too. Upon tasting I'm wondering where the 8.5% alcohol is. This is a great balance to a beer and leaves it really easy drinking. You get nice roasted and sweet caramel malts that mix to make a really nice scotch ale. A light raisiny taste comes through too. The 50 IBU level doesn't seem the case while tasting this one.  You get a nice earthy hops flavor but no real bitterness to me. Overall one of the best scotch ales I've ever had!
      This was one that I was waiting to find and try. Anytime I mentioned any other scotch ale, to those who know, they always asked me if I had a Dirty Bastard. Another one from founders here that really was worth the wait. This is the best scotch ale I have tasted so far for this review. Macbubba is good, Old Chub is great, Dirty Bastard though is BETTER!

Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment