Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Apollo

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Apollo
  • Brewery: Sixpoints Brewing Company (New York)
  • Style: Krystalweizen
  • ABV: 5.2
  • IBU:11
  • Pour Color: A light yellow color, Has a cloudiness




      A summer wheat again and another totally different take on it. Smelling the top you get that nice clove scent, a fresh bread too,  and then a weird fruity medley. The head fluffed up quick and was gone quickly. No match for this mustache. The color was a real hazy gold. The taste I found very offsetting from the get go. This is supposed to be a sour style but this was beyond what I enjoy. It was more a banana cider taste then anything else. A fruit medley flavor with a backing of the clove. Vary strange and not to delicious to me. I could see where some could find this refreshing but I didn't. 
      This just wasn't my type of wheat beer. The only Krystalweizen i've ever had I can't really compare. Being a almost hefe but then brightening it with a lot of fruit flavors that just overpowers the beer taste to me. This would be a great beer to cook with but drinking it again really isn't on the Face's agenda so I won't be swimming in it soon...

Rating: *

No comments:

Post a Comment