Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wizard's Winter Ale

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Wizard's Winter Ale
  • Brewery: Middle Ages Brewing Company (New York)
  • Style: Strong Ale
  • ABV: 6.8%
  • IBU: ?
  • Pour Color: A nice amber nearly orange color to this one.




      The pour on this one yielded a nice full head that hung around a good while. The color was a nearly orange color. It's easily seen through and light makes it glow. A scent of hops and malts off the top but not really much spice to me. The flavors are fairly sweet in the mouth. You notice a alcohol taste to it this one. The malts are darker and the hops are only slightly bitter. Really earthy flavors through out really. The swallow leaves a bitter taste and seems strange. More like a malty, bready wine flavor to the end. Unusual mix but not that bad. I'd drink this one again but wouldn't be my first choice in winter ales.
       Of course as I opened this one I had to have some Transiberian Orchestra playing. Having had wailing wench this one I expected to be more. Also a strong ale but not nearly as amazing. As a seasonal this one works I would get a six pack or two through the season and that would be it. Couldn't imagine every grabbing this on a spring day. Decent but nothing to send to your buddy. This mustache didn't mind the swim though.


Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment