Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hop Rod Rye

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Hop Rod Rye
  • Brewery: Bear Republic (California)
  • Style: Rye P.A.
  • ABV: 8%
  • IBU: 80
  • Pour Color: A hazy reddish color to this one that lets light thru.




      Pouring it came out to have a nice see thru hazy light red color.  The head held up nicely through most the glass. The scent off the top is a spicy rye. That mixes well with a citrus hop mix that makes a nice bouquet. Slightly thicker feel in the mouth then I expected. The rye is strongly present on the taste and holds up well with the hops. A nice orange and grapefruit mix is what the hops amount to in taste. This beer is actually really bitter to with a little alcohol taste. All and all though really well ballenced!
      I love me a good rye p.a. and this one delivers. Unlike another one of my favorites, Ruthless Rye, this one I can find year round. It's hard though to say which I like better. This is a little thicker and heartier though and is a much better winter beer. You can't get much better then rocking back and fourth on a sea of this one in a pint glass. Heaven for a drinking mustache like me!


Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment