Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hazed and Infused

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Hazed and Infused
  • Brewery: Boulder Beer Company (Colorado)
  • Style: Pale Ale
  • ABV: 4.85%
  • IBU: 70
  • Pour Color: A hazzy golden color that light passes through.




      Hazed and Infused seemed to be right down my alley. The face grabbed it due to it's hippie look. Out the bottle it had a nice head that would stay for most the beer (I imagine). The scent was piney hops and a slight malt character. The color was a hazzy gold. It was the taste that threw me off. Once on the follicles I got a strong taste of iron that pretty much ruined this one from the get go. The hops and malts were ballenced and good but the strong taste of iron was horrid, ruining the whole experience. A few drenches and I couldn't take anymore. This and pork slap are the only beers I've ever had that the Face poured out. 
      Maybe it was the bottle... Although it did say enjoy by the 27th of this month. Or maybe it's just me. This beer has a yeast strain that must be close to Brewcrafters cause they have a similar taste. Although with Brewcrafters I've never been drenched in what tastes like blood is an ingredient. Also this is the first beer from Colorado that has been horrid! Being from the state that produces Oskar Blues beer that shouldn't be possible!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment