Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pork Slap

The Beer Stats:
  • Beer Name: Pork Slap
  • Brewery: ButterNuts Beer and Ales
  • Style: Pale Ale
  • ABV: 4.3%
  • IBU:
  • Pour Color: Slightly orange, slightly hazy, still lets light through




      When the face poured this one it had a real interesting color. Slight haze in it gave me hope this would be a real pale ale. The scent off the top threw me off, as it wasn't hop nor malt. This one was a ginger smell that wasn't really that appealing. On taste, it was the same thing. The ginger drown out the malt and the hops and gave it a unappealing taste. The echos of this one are just as weird. After tasting the ginger through and through it disappeared and left a off sour flavor. This wasn't good. 
      The Face was looking over my shoulder the other day and saw this on a top 10 reasons to drink canned beer. Of course us being from NY we had to grab some. That I see now was a mistake. At 4.3abv and nearly no beer flavor, I can't recommend this beer. I found it foul on the follicles, and really really disappointing knowing Butternuts is so close to Ommegang brewing. 



Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment